Everett Committed Relationship Lawyer

Ending a Living Together Relationship In Snohomish County And Skagit County, Washington?

If you live with a domestic partner in the State of Washington, whether or not your partnership is register you acquire certain property and parenting rights. In many respects, Washington courts view living-together relationships much like divorce. In the first place, Washington is a community property state. That means that all property and assets acquired during the relationship may be categorized as joint or community property and subject to valuation and equitable distribution. This includes pensions and qualified retirement accounts. In addition, many businesses in the state recognize domestic partnerships for eligibility for health care and other company benefits. Upon dissolving the living-together arrangement, the covered partner may remain eligible for insurance benefits, rather than expensive COBRA.

The State of Washington recognizes living-together relationships as a legitimate domestic relationship and grants many rights and privileges of marriage to the parties. Depending upon your circumstances, about the only thing that is not available is maintenance (often called "alimony" in other states).

Courts look at every case as a unique situation. The duration of the relationship is often a critical component of whether you will receive property rights. Your parenting rights are addressed separately under the paternity statutes and you may find the need to create two separate actions and then consolidate them. Have you been living together in a committed relationship long enough? Call me to discuss your circumstances.

I am Everett committed relationship attorney Robert Getz. My professional staff and I provide family law services for clients in Snohomish County and Skagit County, Washington. Call toll free 866-460-2535 for a free initial 10-minute phone discussion with an experienced lawyer. I cannot give legal advice over the telephone. You may also contact my office by email to describe your situation and arrange an initial consultation at my office in Everett.

No Charge For Your Initial Phone Consultation · Visa And MasterCard Accepted

Call my office toll free at 866-460-2535 for a free initial 10-minute consultation or use the convenient contact email form to arrange an initial office consultation. My office hours in Everett are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, with a one-hour lunch break from noon to 1 p.m. Evening and weekend consultations may be available by special arrangement. Validated free off-street parking is available.

Don't need a full range of legal services? Visit my Unbundled Services/Flat Fees page.

Contact An Experienced Arlington Unmarried Partners Attorney

I practice with integrity, including transparent and clear billing policies. I offer many services on a flat-fee basis, including unbundled services to meet your specific needs. For your convenience, I accept Visa and MasterCard.